ADM Biopolis’ Bifidobacterium lactis BPL1 is devoted to body fat reduction and cholesterol content and antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity, perfectly complementing a healthy diet and physical activity habits.
ADM Biopolis is more than a regular manufacturer of probiotics. We have been able to understand current world’s needs and serve our science to fulfill them. As per our expertise, we can focus our science backed knowledge on health-related indications that are of society’s interest.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO),
“overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health. A crude population measure of obesity is the body mass index (BMI), a person’s weight (in kilograms) divided by the square of his or her height (in metres). A person with a BMI of 30 or more is generally considered obese. A person with a BMI equal to or more than 25 is considered overweight. Overweight and obesity are major risk factors for a number of chronic diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Once considered a problem only in high income countries, overweight and obesity are now dramatically on the rise in low- and middle-income countries, particularly in urban
It is then undeniable that high cholesterol, obesity and other metabolic disordes, have a proven public interest and metabolic health component. Referring again to the World Health Organization (WHO), “an escalating global epidemic of overweight and obesity – the so called globesity – is taking over many parts of the world”.
10 facts you should know about obesity according to WHO
1. Overweight and obesity are defined as “abnormnal or excessive fat accumulation that may impair health”
2. More than 1.9 billion adults were overweight in 2016, and 650 million obese
3. Globally, 41 million preschool children were overweight in 2016
4. Overweight and obesity are linked to more deaths worldwide than underweight
5. For an individual, obesity is usually the result of imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended
6. Supportive environment and communities are fundamental in shaping people’s choices and preventing obesity
7. Children’s diet and physical activity habits are influenced by their surrounding environment
8. Eating a healthy diet can help prevent obesity
9. Regular physical activity helps maintain a healthy body
10. Curbing the global obesity epidemic requires a population-based multisectoral, multi-disciplinary, and culturally relevant approach
Enlaces de interés
Aquí tienes algunos enlaces interesantes, quizás te sean útiles.